|First Appearance:||Martian Manhunter (Vol 3) #1 (October, 2006)|
|Created by:|| A.J. Liebermann|
Centuries ago, Roh'kar and nine other Green Martians left their homeworld on a space-faring mission known as the Xendi Expedition. They launched shortly before the onset of the Martian Plague known as H'ronmeer's Curse, and thus survived the genocide of the Martian culture. The craft carrying the ten Martian explorers crash-landed on Earth in a region of the Sonoma Desert in Arizona. Agents of the National Security Agency quickly converged on the scene and apprehended the surviving aliens, placing them within a special secret laboratory. Recognizing that they were Martians, the government scientists began performing experiments on them, in the hopes of developing a super-weapon. More specifically, they wanted to develop a process that could defeat Earth's resident Martian, J'onn J'onnz.
Meeting The Martian ManhunterEdit
Although greatly weakned from the crash, Roh'kar and the others still maintained their native gift of telepathy. The other members of the expedition channeled their psychic energy into Roh'kar in the hopes of sending out a psychic S.O.S. The plan worked, and before long, J'onn J'onnz (better known as the Martian Manhunter) learned of their existence. He broke Roh'kar free of the laboratory and tried to get him to a safe-house. NSA agent Rio Ferdinand used a brainwashed assassin named Paul Gerrard to track Roh'kar and his rescuer down. Armed with custom-made weaponry, Gerrad fired a fatal shot into Roh'kar's body. His dying words were a cryptic warning to J'onn in regards to the other members of his expedition. His body was recovered by NSA agents and used to to help develop Anti-Martian weaponry.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Malleable Form: Martians possess psionic control over their physical form, even down to the molecular level. As a form of shape-shifting, this power enables a Martian to contort his or her physical structure allowing them to adopt human form, elongate their limbs, grow to immense size, and so on. Martians can maintain their selected form for an indeterminate amount of time without undue risk or strain.
- Invisibility A byproduct of shape-shifting, Martians possess the ability to bend waves of light around them, rendering them invisible to most forms of human detection. Through this, they can also alter their body's temperature, allowing them to become invisible to most forms of electronic detection.
- Alter Density: A Martian can increase his or her molecular density to become tougher and stronger, as well as decrease it to become incorporeal and thus able to pass through solid objects.
- Invulnerability: With the exception of fire, a Green Martian is invulnerable to nearly all physical attacks. This is due primarily to their shape-shifting talents and his ability to increase the density of his molecular structure.
- Flight: Martians can defy gravity and fly through sheer force of will. This ability is psionic in nature, and functions similarly to tactile telekinesis.
- Superhuman Strength: While the exact magnitude of a Martian's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that their strength levels easily surpass the capacity to lift 100 tons. This ranks them in the same strength level as a Kryptonian under a yellow sun.
- Superhuman Speed: Either through flight or natural movement, a Green Martian can maintain the speed and reflexes far in excess to that of a standard Earth human.
- Superhuman Endurance: Martian's endurance is just as formidable as his or her strength or invulnerability. When not in the presence of fire, a Martian can operate under extreme conditions for an indeterminate period of time without showing signs of fatigue. The exact range of this power is unknown. When in the presence of fire, a Martian's endurance diminishes greatly.
- Telepathy: A Martian possesses the ability to read the minds of others and project his or her thoughts to varying degrees. Martians can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, they can use their telepathy to enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. A Martian's expertise with telepathy varies from Martian to Martian. Some Martians, such as J'onn J'onnz, can use their ability with such precision that they can extract repressed memories from a subject regardless of how dormant the memory may lie. This power can also enable a Martian to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. Martians can also use their telepathy to alter a subject's psychological profile, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control their chosen target. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used.
- Extrasensory Input: A Martian possesses nine different senses.
- Martian Vision: A Martian possesses super-powered eyesight, commonly referred to as "Martian Vision". Martian Vision is similar to Kryptonian heat vision in that it can cause combustible objects to explode.
- Self-Sustenance: Martian physiology is self-sufficient negating the need for food or drink. As such, Martians also do not produce waste.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Roh'kar is based off of a Golden Age character named Roh Kar. Roh Kar was the first Manhunter from Mars, and made a single appearance in Batman #78 (two years prior to the introduction of J'onn J'onnz). The Golden Age Roh Kar is no longer considered part of modern continuity.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
In Other MediaEdit
- Coming Soon